Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A little about the stupid Avon Lady

Some may not care what a stupid avon lady has to say, write, or think. I'm not just an Avon Lady. I'm a 32 year old woman. I am independent. I vote. I am a sister, a cousin, a daughter, a friend, a girlfriend. I am a coworker, a consultant, a listener. I am a public speaker. I am a Realtor. I am a volunteer. I am an actor. I am a person. I am a nice person.

Being 32 isn't easy. I mean, I have to pay bills, taxes, work, and find time for myself. I love to cook, and I have the ribbons to prove that I'm not half bad! I went to a state university for mathematics, and later, to study improv at The Second City in Chicago. I learned a lot about myself, and I learned even more about others...relationships, feelings, & psychology. I volunteer at a local animal shelter, and I love it. I spend time with my sister, transporting puppies up for adoption at a retirement home for senior citizens. Seeing them hold and pet the puppies makes the long day worthwile. Being Lisa is tough at times. But, being able to write about it and make friends and voice my opinion gives me a little sanity. Is that so wrong?

This stupid Avon Lady is new to selling Avon: Its a hobby, and it affords me play money, which isn't too shabby in this economy. I don't cake makeup on or try to sell foundation to my neighbors. I wear very little makeup...when I want to...when I feel like it. I started selling Avon in December. I walked into an Avon store looking for stocking stuffers for christmas gifts. Before I knew it, I had a handful of books, It does not promote whore-ness of any kind(as some might think), nor does it make women take two steps back. In fact, I find the Avon company very empowering for women, giving many independence, extra income, helping promote breast cancer awareness and offering non profits many ways to raise funds. Avon has a fundraiser to send supplies to US troops, serving time overseas for our country. How great is that? This stupid Avon Lady realizes the potential in a company that makes silly little footcreams, lipsticks, and perfumes.

And, while I don't wear makeup daily, I do use basic products...like soap...everyday. I love the Naturals brand of Shower gel. I use Anew Rejuvenate 2 in 1 face cleanser each morning and night, and the Anew moisturizer. I use the Smooth Minerals makeup (when I wear foundation), the Mark Glossblossom lip gloss and I have tons of Avon lipbalms throughout my home, purse and car. I use the Moisture Therapy Intensive hand cream. I use Avon Naturals shampoos and conditioners. I love the Avon Skin So Soft roll on deodorant. I have dresses, purses, and tons of necklaces from both Avon and Mark that I love and get tons of compliments on! I use Skin So Soft Bug Spray when I go out walking or camping.

So, the people of this world that could care less about what a stupid avon lady thinks...I'm not just an Avon lady. And, how dare you think so less about someone because of their work. Do you spit on the people that work at KFC, too?? Do you even care that they are trying to provide and feed for their 3 kids, or struggling to pay for school and rent at the same time? As long as you got to put someone down, make your point, and seem like the intelligent one, right? Well, good for you. Some people do care about others and true humanity.

No comments: