Saturday, February 6, 2010

Post 101

Are you covered in snow today? Here in Indiana, we got about one inch, which is not bad. Of course, the blowing and drifts are reminescent to the Indiana Dunes, which are amazing. Giant mountains of sand against Lake Michigan. If you are ever driving through Northern Indiana, you must stop and check it out!
This morning, after cleaning my car that looked like a small hill of snow, I went to the post office. I sold 2 scarves on my online Etsy store. I am so excited to now have 6 sales under my belt. That's pretty good, but not good enough. My etsy store and my Avon business will hopefully help finance not only my retirement but also my true love: to open a bakery.
My bakery has been in the works for a long time, since I was 20. Its been a dream, and hopefully it will come true next year. Even though I would term it a bakery, it will be more of a general store. I want to have home-made candles, soaps, and knitted goods too. I will also serve fresh fruit juices and sandwiches with a little cafe in the corner. Sounds over the top or too busy to some, but I have thought about it long and hard. I want to use as much of the local produce and fare that I can, I think it will not only bring in customers and loyalty, but it will also keep our area thriving. If the property I rent has the space, I want to have a small greenhouse to grow produce and herbs, too. Its a dream, but I have to get it going. I know both of my sisters would work for me, but I need upfront capital so I can pay them---thus, Etsy better get going soon!! lol.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend--- its sunny here now, but I don't know how long it will last. If you are covered in snow, settle down with a book or mag and just chill. I'm going to try not to watch tooo much tv this weekend, its been too depressing lately.
xoxox lisalee

No comments: