Friday, April 16, 2010

Long Weeks Ahead

What a crazy week.
I got my car back!! Yeah!! A couple hundred dollars later...some important things that make the car run had to be replaced.
Last weekend, I rode my bike to AB's house. AB lives on the other side of town...through many hills. It took me 29 minutes and I was sooo happy I did it! I usually ride my bike to ABs a few times a summer, but this year, I could really use the workout-- I have 4 weddings this year (a co-worker, 2 siblings, and a cousin). I think the first wedding is in May, so I am running out of get in shape time. I had to take a shower when I got to his house because I was so sweaty and gross. Good thing I keep plenty of clothes there! I have a drawer just full of things like tshirts, sweatpants and socks. At 25-30 minutes each way, I will really get a good workout if I ride my bike there a few times a week.
Avon has a great sweepstakes right now where you can win a new Chevrolet Malibu! You get one mail in entry for every glazewear lipgloss you purchase (which so happen to be on sale for $1.99 this week!). They are giving away a car to a lucky buyer and a lucky avon rep! I want that car!!! I need that car!! You need that car!!

I have a bpo to do this weekend, and I plan on cleaning and getting stuff for goodwill. If I haven't worn it since I met AB, I most likely will never wear it again. I have sooo many clothes that don't fit, its a waste of time to try to wait it out. I might be able to fit in them, but then will I actually wear them? White pants, mom jeans from 1995, skirts that go way below my knees (not good for someone thats 5'2), purses I don't use, shoes I haven't worn since I bartended 10 years ago, shoeboxes of stuff from old friends and boyfriends (or guys I liked). Its all gotta go.

And now, I must get back to work. I have pot roast in the crockpot for dinner-- we are having pot roast sandwiches with potato salad tonight. That roast will be super tender and last all weekend for little yum yum sammies!!!

1 comment:

MommyLovesStilettos said...

Good for you for riding your bike that far!!! I wish I still had a bike. I might invest in one soon. I miss riding my bike, it's very relaxing for me and it's a great workout!