Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting Carded in your 30s

Sure, it was fun when you were 21. It was like, "Take that you judging adult! I am old enough to legally buy this beer!!"
It was annoying when you are 25. I have been old enough to buy beer or wine for like 4 years now!!
When you are 33, its unbearable! Yes, folks: Today I was carded. I was carded buying a lottery ticket!! A lottery ticket in which you need to be 18 to purchase!! It wasn't a guy or a bitch. It was a nice older lady at a gas station. She asked for my ID.
"Not to be rude, but I left it in the car. Its a complete impulse buy. I'm 33 years old."
"Well, I am not sure if you are 18."
So, I went to my car to prove it to her...Yes, I am 33. She apologized afterwards and told me I don't look my age. Insert foot, yes, I know you are just doing your job, but c'mon!! I'm 33!!! I know I look at least in my mid 20s.

So, that was my day. People in line were mad that I had to go to my car to get my license. I had $10 in my hand to get some gas...and I decided at the last minute to buy a lotto powerball ticket. My fault...really!!
Maybe that ANEW really does the trick!! It doesn't hurt, that's for sure!!

No comments: