Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is love measurable?

I was listening to the radio this morning, on my way to work. Humming along to "I love you so much." Is that possible? If you say,'I love you so much' can you say 'I love you a little'?
How about a plain...I love you.
I love AB, really, I do. And, I always catch myself telling him, "AB, I love you soooo much."
How much?? I'm such a dork. I don't think its really measurable. You love someone or you don't. Now, you can like...something...in a measurable amount. You can like things just alright, plenty good, tons, a little, some, or not at all. You can't like someone sooo much or just a bit.
I love my sisters. I love my brother and my family. I love them...simple as that. Now, I can get mad and be upset and grumpy at them, but it will never change how I feel about them...or how much love I have for them.
Let's stop saying all together how much do we love thee?? Sure, you can count the ways, but not the measurement of true love.
Just a little food for thought.

No comments: