Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Product Review: Emergen-C

Let me start off by saying I am NOT A DOCTOR, PHARMACIST, or anyone who matters in the health field.  This is not medical advice, and you should do your own research!  Okay.  That being said, I love this product.
Emergen-C is a vitamin packet unlike any other.  Mix the contents of one packet in 4-6 ounces of water. Wait for the fizzing to stop and drink.  I feel a burst of calm energy minutes later!  Emergen-C is a dietary supplement that comes in a handful of flavors.  It boasts that it contains 1,000 mg Vitamin C along with 7 B Vitamins.  Why do I love it?  I took two trips to Vegas this year, and I didn't pack any of this supplement with the first trip, but then I felt awful after the first night, barely any sleep, and a slight hangover.  The sundry shop in Bally's does sell it, but its like $3 for 2 packets!  After taking one, I felt better about an hour later.  So, for my second trip to Vegas, I packed enough for me and AB...and it paid off!  I took one each morning when I woke up and another before we started up for the evening.  
I hate being sick, and I try to avoid it at all costs.  Unfortunately, that is hard to do sometimes when you work in an office atmosphere and come into contact with a lot of people.  Especially during flu season.  So, for the past few days I have felt worn out, tired, and achy.  Its that time of year.  We had a blizzard 2 weeks ago, and now everything is melting and its 50 degrees outside.  That screams, "Time to get sick, Lisa!"  I have been taking 1-2 packets of this a day for about a week.  I do feel better temporarily.  They don't taste bad, and you can drink them like a shot if you want.  Now, I am not saying this is a miracle cure by any means, I just like it, and I think it does a great job at making me feel better.  I highly recommend the Super Orange flavor.  Pink Lemonade is good, too.

No comments: